The area next to the SASM public parking lot located at 450 Sycamore has received a major upgrade and has opened for community members to enjoy.
The project includes:
- New 8-ft wide meandering asphalt pathway that leads to a large public patio and seating area. Both the path and patio area are readily accessible from the County’s Mill Valley/Sausalito Multiuse Pathway and from Sycamore Avenue.
- New ADA-compliant picnic table, trash & recycling cans, bike hoop racks, signage, pavement striping, LED lighting, and a 50-ft long retaining “seat” block wall.
- New 8-ft fence and vehicle access gate to the wastewater treatment plant equalization basins.
- Large local repurposed redwood logs serve as decorative barriers and landscaping accents.
- Landscaping with native and low-water tolerating vegetation.
This improvement project was approved by the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC), a coastal zone agency that protects and governs the Bay Area shoreline. This project was a collaborative effort with the City of Mill Valley Department of Public Works, with input provided by the Marin County Parks.