February 2, 2022
City Hall - Council Chambers
26 Corte Madera Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
View or download the January 5, 2022 Regular Park and Recreation Commission meeting agenda (PDF).
View or download the January 5, 2022 agendas, staff reports, and/or supporting materials (LINK).
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
Vanessa Justice, Chair
Greg Moore, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the January 5, 2022 Regular Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the January 5, 2022 Regular Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of 2022 Annual Old Mill Park Use Requests for Non-Profit Athletic Events. Recommended Action: Approve use requests with stipulations; including potential COVID safety guidelines, restrictions or cancellations.
- Dipsea Race Committee for the 100th Anniversary Women’s2a.Dipsea Hike start on Saturday, April 30, 2022 7:00am – 10:00am.
- Dipsea Race Committee for the 2022 Annual Dipsea Race for the Downtown Plaza - starting line 6:00 am – 10:00 am and Old Mill Park - race route 8:00 am - 10:00 am on Sunday, June 12, 2022.
- Brazen Racing/Dolphin South End Runners for the 2022 Annual Double Dipsea turn-around point and aid station on Saturday, August 27, 2022 8:00am-11:00am.
- Zero Breast Cancer for the Dipsea Hike/Run Start & Finish on Saturday, September 24, 2022 7:00am – 3:00pm.
- Dolphin Swimming & Boating Club for the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon Dipsea Race portion start on Sunday, October 2, 2022 9:00am – 6:00pm.
- Bay Area Ultra Runners for the Quad Dipsea Race start & finish line on Saturday, November 26, 2022 7:30am-4:30pm.
3. Consideration of Old Mill Park Use Request by Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival for the 2022 Annual Fall Arts Festival on Saturday September 17, 2022 and Sunday, September 18, 2022, with Park Use for Event Set-up and Break-down Tuesday, September 13 through Monday, September 19, 2022. Recommended Action: Approve use requests with stipulations.
RECREATION AND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORTS
4. Marin Municipal Water District Water Usage Variances Update. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information.
5. Steps, Lanes & Paths #220 Project Update. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information.
6. COVID-19 Update. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information
7. DEI Initiatives Update. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information
8. Consideration of Youth Sports Organizations Field Use Stipulations for Approval Review. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Consider for Approval.
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
To the Regular Commission meeting which will be held on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 6:30pm.